2012 Poster Competition
RecycleMania’s 2012 Poster Contest
Official Rules & Regulations
Coordinated by the RecycleMania Poster Review Committee
As part of RecycleMania, Inc. (“RecycleMania”)
No purchase necessary. Contest void outside the United States and where prohibited by law. There is no limit as to the number of posters that can be submitted per college/university. Each Entrant must be at least 18 years of age by November 15, 2012 and must have a valid driver’s license or other government-issued identification. Employees of Keep America Beautiful (KAB) and all other RecycleMania sponsoring companies, their licensees and subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are ineligible.
2. About the Contest/How to Enter:
The contest provides Entrants with the opportunity to create an original poster for RecycleMania and to submit the poster for consideration and potential use by RecycleMania in its advertising and promotional activities. All entrants must send an electronic version of the poster to firstname.lastname@example.org. Image files over 4 MB should be transmitted using an online server with download link provided by email to the address above. Each poster must be given a unique file title and must include the college or university name in the submission email. Up to 10 of the best eligible entries (as determined by the RecycleMania Committee in its sole discretion) will be posted to the RecycleMania website for public voting.
All Entrants participating must also complete an entry form found here: [http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/recyclemaniaposterentryform]. Each entrant will be required to provide their name, date of birth, email, phone number, address and title of poster. The entry form also includes a copyright and liability release.
3. Content instructions for poster submissions:
Each poster that is entered into the contest must meet the following “Poster Requirements” (any poster that, in the RecycleMania Poster Review Committee’s sole and absolute discretion, violates the following criteria will be disqualified):
- Required file formats include: PDF, JDG and JPEG
- The poster must be 11 inches x 17 inches.
- The poster must prominently display the 2013 RecycleMania logo. The logo can be downloaded by clicking here or by contacting: email@example.com.
- A minimum of 20 square inches must be set aside in the bottom half of the posters for placement of sponsor logos. Logos will be added at later stage with winning entries. The poster must include the phrase: “For more information please visit: www.recyclemaniacs.org”
- The poster must show recycling in a positive manner;
- The poster should directly or indirectly reflect a collegiate theme
- The poster should be original, creative, innovative, and unique;
- Entrants are encouraged but not required to include a tagline that ties the theme of the poster to RecycleMania and / or colleges and universities. Taglines that effectively communicate what RecycleMania is in simple terms are encouraged.
- The poster must be the submitting Entrant’s original, previously unpublished work and not contain any third party copyrighted material (including images and wording) unless the Entrant has written permission to use such copyrighted material.
- Submissions are welcomed in Spanish or Canadian French language, either as translations of an English language equivalent of a submission or as a standalone piece submission with language specific character. Submissions in either language should include an exact translation into English in the supporting documentation.
- Upon request, the Entrant should be able to provide all appropriate clearances, permissions and releases for the poster. RecycleMania staff reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify the applicable poster, or seek to secure the releases and clearances for the RecycleMania Poster Review Committee’s benefit, or allow the applicable poster to remain in contest.
Any poster that is considered by the RecycleMania Poster Review Committee in its sole and absolute discretion to be obscene, pornographic, libelous, hate speech or otherwise objectionable, in whole or in part, will be disqualified and will not be eligible for entry. All requested information on the entry form must be completed to enter and to be eligible to win. Proof of submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt of entry.
RecycleMania is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries. All entries become the property of RecycleMania. All entries must be uploaded by 3:00 pm Eastern Time on Monday, October 22, 2012. Under no circumstances will late entries be considered.
4. Contest Timeline:
- Entrants must upload their poster by 3pm Eastern Time on Monday, October 22, 2012.
- The RecycleMania Poster Review Committee will, by Early November, 2012, pick up to 10 top entries based on originality, creativity, innovation, imagination and uniqueness in relation to recycling.
- The RecycleMania Poster Review Committee will upload the top entries to the RecycleMania website page prior to the start of the public portion of the contest.
- The public will be allowed to vote for their favorite poster between 10:00 AM (Eastern) Thursday, November 8, 2012 and Noon (Eastern) Thursday, November 15, 2012.
5. Winner(s) Selection:
Up to 10 entries that fulfill all the criteria above, as chosen by representatives of the RecycleMania Poster Review Committee in the Committee’s sole and absolute discretion, will qualify as “Top Tier” posters and will be eligible to enter into the next phase of the contest. The Top Tier posters will then be uploaded to the RecycleMania website for the public to vote on using the “like” button.
The 2 posters within the Top Tier that receive the most “likes” on RecycleMania’s website will win. The RecycleMania Poster Review Committee reserves the right to designate one or more additional judges’ prizes. The final winners (pending all eligibility requirements listed in this document) will then be notified on Thursday, November 15, 2012 that they have won.
The individual/individuals that created the 1st place winning poster will receive $500 in cash or check. In addition, the winning poster will be printed for distribution to all the 2013 participating schools. If registered in the RecycleMania 2013 contest, the college/university in which the 1st place winning poster is located will receive an additional 100 posters. The individual/individuals that created the 2nd place winning poster will receive $250 in cash or check. The remaining Top Tier entries will receive a $50 gift card. The RecycleMania Poster Review Committee may award additional prizes as the Committee sees fit and in the Committee’s sole and absolute discretion.
All prizes are non-transferable and no substitution or cost equivalent is allowed. Prizes do not include applicable taxes, nor do they include any other item not specifically named in this document. Such items are the responsibility of the winner. Gift card prizes are not exchangeable for cash. Prizes will be mailed to the winning entrant.
7. RecycleMania Poster Review Committee:
The Poster Review Committee is made up of RecycleMania, Inc board members and KAB employees. Once the 10 “Top Tier” posters are chosen by the Poster Review Committee, anyone is allowed to vote.
8. General Conditions:
- By accepting prize the winner(s) consents that RecycleMania, Inc. becomes sole owner of all the right, title and interest in the submitted poster, including the copyright in the poster, with rights to use or alter as they see fit.
- By entering this contest, the winner(s) consents to the use of his/her name and/or likenesses for promotional purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. The Entrants must sign and return a liability/publicity release.
- Winner(s) must meet all criteria in these rules or face forfeiture of prizes, based upon the decision of the RecycleMania Poster Review Committee.
- Winner(s) may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility.
- Released Parties assume no responsibility or liability for damages, losses, or injury resulting from acceptance or use of any prize or the making of the poster.
- Released Parties are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (a) any human, typographical, printing or other error relating to or in connection with the contest, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in the administration of the contest, processing of entries or requests for entry forms, the announcement of the prizes or in any contest -related materials; (b) late, lost, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, stolen, delayed, or untimely entries; (c) any condition caused by events that may cause the contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (d) any defect in, failure or malfunction of any telephone line, computer line, network, scanner, other computer equipment or software or any combination thereof; or (e) any corrupted, delayed, garbled, lost or otherwise incomplete data transmissions of any kind. Under no circumstances will any Released PARTY be liable for punitive, exemplary, special, indirect, incidental, consequential or any other damages.
- Additional inquires should be directed to: JoinRecycleMania@gmail.com or “RecycleMania’s 2012 Poster Contest”, KAB, 1010 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901.
9. General Liability Release:
Entrants agree that the Promotion Entities (a) shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the contest or any contest-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of the prize(s), and (b) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to the prize(s), including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
10. Agreement to be Bound by Rules & Regulations:
By participating in the 2012 Poster Contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Rules & Regulations and by the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and legally binding. Winner(s) will be contacted by telephone and/or email immediately following the judging. If a winner cannot be contacted within 72 hours, or if that winner declines prize, an alternate winner will be chosen that is considered the next best entry. Released Parties are not responsible for inability to contact winner(s) due to spam filters, email issues, and phone ID blocking, caller ID and / or any other call blocking devices that may be in place with potential winner’s telephone service.
11. Winner’s List:
The name of the winner(s) may be obtained after December 1, 2012 and before January 31, 2013 by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to “RecycleMania’s 2012 Poster Contest” Contest Winners List, KAB, 1010 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901 or emailing JoinRecycleMania@gmail.com.