Game Day: Basketball
Game Day: Basketball
Game Day: Basketball is similar to the football-related Game Day Challenge that place in the fall. RecycleMania's Game Day: Basketball will compare schools based on recycling and waste minimization efforts made during a single home basketball game during the February and March timeframe of RecycleMania.
- Track single home game – Choose any home game to report as long as it takes place during the 10 week period covered by the RecycleMania pre-season and regular competition.
- Four ranking categories – Schools will report their weights following the game and be ranked in three game day categories:
- Waste Generation – Similar to the traditional RecycleMania Waste Minimization category, schools are ranked based on who has the least amount of combined trash and recycling.
- Diversion rate – Similar to Grand Champion, schools are ranked based on who has the highest recycling as a percentage of total trash and recycling.
- Per Capita Recycling – Same as the Per Capita Classic, schools are ranked based on the total amount of recycling collected on a per capita basis. To get the official attendance numbers from the game, please contact your Athletics Department.
- Food Organics - School reporting recovered food waste from the tailgate areas, concourse or back of the house concessions will have the weights divided by the game attendance to present the schools with the highest per capita recovery.
- Materials Counted - Schools should report weight data they have for paper, cardboard, cans and bottles and food waste
- Collection Areas - Schools should report weights for materials generated in areas directly associated with the game including concourse areas, seating areas, back of the house concession and tailgate areas (if any).
- No Divisions –Regardless of which division a schools participates in the traditional RecycleMania Tournament, all schools will be compared together in a single ranking for each of the Game Day: Basketball categories. Schools may participate in the Game Day: Basketball whether or not they are involved in the traditional 8 week RecycleMania categories.
- Results presented at the end –Schools will report weights following their designated game and the overall rankings presented at the end of the tournament in early April.